Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"The" Book

Hello All!

For any of you interested in nutrition or know someone with MS and want to help, check out this book.

"Minding My Mitochondria" by Terry L. Wahls, M.D.




Terry, the author, was diagnosed with Secondary Progressive MS and was bound to a wheelchair for 4 years. Being a physician, she began doing some extensive research on the effects of nutrition on MS.




This book is her proof on how she transitioned from a wheelchair to back on her feet. She talks about the medical treatments she has tried, discoveries she has made, nutritional facts, and includes over 100 recipes for a healthy brain.

My mom and I will be working out of this book to create a meal plan for her each week that includes an easy to follow grocery list.

We want to break this book down even further to make it more digestible and easy to follow it's special diet.

I will post some of our favorite recipes as the months go on, but I strongly suggesting buying the book.

The book really is a documentation of a miracle, that I strongly believe will be my Mom's story one day.

To follow Dr.Wahls visit: http://www.mindingmymitochondria.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment