Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little Something Sweet

Yes, that's right.

Most of the world, or at least America, has a bit of a sweet tooth.

Instead of asking Micky'D to spin you a Mcflurry, 
having lil Ms.Wendy whip you up a Frosty, 
or begging the Dairy Queen to twist you a cone, 
try something with some REAL nutrients...

 I bet this will take care of that infamous, after dinner, sweet craving.


Introducing...

THE BAKED APPLE 


(Recipe in "Minding My Mitochondria" by Terry L. Wahls)

Oh course, we did ours a little different, like always...

----BREAK DOWN----

OVEN: 
350

APPLE: 
Cut a shallow slit around any apple. Then core that sucka.

FILLING: 
You need some type of nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut, but NOT tahini, that stuff is nasty but quite good in hummus). Grab some actual nuts (I used crushed almonds). Last you need some rasins and some cinnamon!

CONSTRUCTION:
After you core the apple drop in some crushed nuts, some cashew butter, raisins, and then top it off with some more cashew butter and sprinkle some cinnamon. 

TIME: 
45 minutes or till tender. ENJOY this succulent treat!

MOM UPDATE:

I came home on Friday unannounced to an unhappy mamma.

ME: "Momma, what's the matter?" 
LAURIE: "I miss my coffee."
ME: "I found the perfect tea for you, try this (Bengal Spice)."
LAURIE: "Wow, that is good!"

With this diet, it's all about finding healthy alternatives.



Yesterday my Mom, Aunt and I had another phone conference about this Passion Project. We have some great things coming up! Stay tuned!

I started filming as well :)

And for everyone who has suggested meals, treatments, doctors and encouragement, we just want to say THANK YOU.  The more the merrier.

Hope you all had a good weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment