Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things are getting PHYSICAL.

I hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday :)

My mom has started physical and occupational therapy and I came along to a session last Wednesday.



I thought it was incredible. The physical therapist had my mom on different machines, on a stretching table, and using props to gain strength in her legs and core.







We found out that the left side of her body is less responsive and more numb than the right. We are hoping that along with a good diet that can change.




The occupational (hand) therapist gave us some workable putty and showed us SEVERAL different exercises using it. My mom's muscles in her hands are very weak and numb causing her to drop things often. 




Using this putty each day will help regain the lost muscle and the diet will help repair the lost myelin around the nerves that is creating the numbness. 




Several small tests were done to determine the specific needs of my mom, but overall I think that everything done was necessary to make progress. 

I am so hopeful that with good therapy and good eats, something great will happen.

Next post is going to be about our FAVORITE snack, stay tuned and have a lovely day :)

Thanks for following!








1 comment:

  1. Keep up the amazing job Tiff! sending out good vibes and lotsa love for you and your momma.

    ReplyDelete